Camping Holidays in Vitznau
By Camper to Lake Lucerne
Hop in and drive off: for many, a camping holiday means pure freedom. Just pack your things and move in to nature. Vitznau welcomes its campers with comfortable pitches, a pool, water sports equipment rental, and much more.
Thanks to the campsite’s optimal location, guests enjoy a stunning view of Lake Lucerne. Once you arrive, you will no longer need to drive. Hikes start directly from the campsite, the boat station and the beach can be reached by foot in just a few minutes, and the center of Vitznau is just a stone's throw away.
Camping Site Vitznau
The campsite is at the foot of the wooded slopes of the Rigi, in a perfect location in the bay of Vitznau.
Campers can park on a total of 139 sites on terraced terrain with solid driving paths. Numerous amenities are available on site:
Heated swimming pool
· Coffee bar with lakeside terrace
· "Lädeli" shop with fresh bread and rolls for breakfast and everyday items and local products
· Children's paddling pool
· Playground and table tennis tables
· Lounge with small kitchen
· Indoor space witha changing table and children's bath
· 2 washing machine stations with washing machine and dryer
· Generous washing-up room
· Individual washing cabins with modern showers
Hiking from the Campsite
When the sun peeks over the mountains at the crack of dawn, all signs point to the hiking trails. Hiking adventures on the Rigi start directly from the campsite. Whether on foot, with one of the two aerial tramways, or with the RigiBahn cogwheel train, everyone can choose an option for themselves flexibly and spontaneously.
The starting points for hikes such as Stoos, Pilatus or Stanserhorn are accessible by boat. The boat station is only 500 meters from the campsite.
Mountainbike Tours in Vitznau
Mountain bikers are in good hands at the campsite. There are several bicycle tours around Vitznau with different levels of difficulty:
- The Insel-Schwanau Loop leads from Vitznau over Gersau to Lauerz and back to Vitznau via Brunnen. This moderate tour offers cyclists fantastic views of Lake Lucerne and the Mythen peaks.
- The Vitznauer View Loop starts directly from the train station in Vitznau and goes through Weggis and Greppen and back to Vitznau on a roundtrip tour. Halfway through the moderately difficult tour, a comfortable bench at Eggisbüehl invites you to take a break can enjoy the magnificent view of Lake Lucerne in the direction of Lucerne.
We also particularly recommend the Stoosbahn mountain station as a starting point for numerous bike tours.
Foxtrail: Exploring Vitznau
A camping holiday is already an adventure in itself. To crown the experience, while exploring places like Lucerne, Weggis and Vitznau, try a Foxtrail. Solving puzzles about the location, adventure-seekers are led on a special kind of scavenger hunt and learn exciting facts about the respective place.
Side Trip to Luzern
On days when the sunshine takes a break, a boat ride into Lucerne is the perfect option. In town await numerous museums, cafes, weekly farmers markets, and shops. One of the most visited museums in Switzerland, the Swiss Museum of Transport, is very close by. Here visitors experience the history and future of mobility, new media, the secrets of Swiss chocolate, and even a planetarium and a cinema program on the enormous screen of the IMAX cinema.
Evening Program in Vitznau
Even in the evening, car motors can stay turned off. A pleasant evening stroll leads to the center of Vitznau, where the restaurants offer traditional or Mediterranean cuisine for a leisurely dinner with a view of the lake.